Contemporary art exhibition at The Undercroft in Norwich
- Credit: submitted
Contemporary art has been on display all this week in a special exhibition at The Undercroft in Norwich.
The city venue behind Norwich Market is this week hosting SAVORR XII and Friday is the final day of the show.
The exhibition includes a featured artist project called Ensemble which has been put together by Dave Charlesworth and Ben Judd. Ensemble includes works by Turner Prize winners Gillian Wearing and Mark Leckey and other noteworthy artists.
There is also an open submission show running alongside the featured artist project.
This includes artworks by Carl Rowe, Henry Driver and Rebecca Liles, Henry Jackson Newcomb, Juan-Jose Guerra-Valiente, Lizzie Feather, Marco Giordano, Michael Bussell, Olivia Forster and Alisa Besirevic.
You may also want to watch:
This is the twelfth SAVORR exhibition.
Norwich based artist Henry Jackson Newcomb founded the non-profit arts platform in 2011 alongside a small collective of arts practitioners to support the East Anglian arts scene and showcase emerging and more established artists together.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
About the latest exhibition, he said: 'We are incredibly pleased with the response to the show. The Undercroft is in a great location in the centre of the city, making it a welcoming show for the public, and for people of all ages to enjoy contemporary art.
'This is one of the largest spaces SAVORR has exhibited in to date and the biggest project we've put together. The challenge has really been worth it.
'The reaction to visitors discovering the space for the first time, many having just been passing by and drawn in by the installation, walking away inspired by the work and excited about future arts projects in the city, has been so rewarding. It makes us more ambitious in creating a future programme that encourages engagement and establishes the contemporary art scene in Norwich.'
• The exhibition is open 12pm-5pm on Friday, November 28 at The Undercroft, Norwich, NR2 1NH
• For more information visit www.savorr.co.uk