Commuters delayed on A47 following crash and broken man hole cover
- Credit: Archant
A crash and a collapsed drain cover caused traffic chaos on a busy Norfolk road.
Commuters on the A47 faced delays to their journeys on Wednesday December 19 following an accident near Hockering.
Police were called at 8.37am after a car hit the central reservation on the Norwich-bound carriage way.
The crash happened between the A1075 and B1147 and one lane remained closed until around 11am.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Konectbus took to twitter to announce its service 8 bus would be delayed and diverted via Mattishall to try and keep to times.
At the other end of the A47 in Little Fransham, between Dereham and Swaffham, temporary traffic lights had to be put into place because of a broken man hole cover.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
Norfolk police were called out to the incident on Tuesday December 18 and repairs continued the following morning.
Delays were reported on Crown Lane in both directions.