Community spirit shines through at Beccles annual duck race
Ducks and rafts could be found racing for glory along the River Waveney in Beccles.
The 14th annual Beccles Duck Race returned on Saturday.
The event is organised by Beccles Sea Cadets with money raised going towards the construction of its new headquarters.
Sharon Meadows, of the cadets, said: 'It's always a well-supported event but it seemed to be busier this year, perhaps because the weather was so lovely.
'Beccles has a close community spirit and everyone seems to come together and support the duck race.'
You may also want to watch:
Previous organisers, Beccles Rugby Club, continued to run the ever-popular raft race.
The race was hard fought but it was 'The Buddy Boys' raft, from Elphick Buildings Ltd, who emerged victorious.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
Mrs Meadows confirmed the race will return next year and added: 'We are so grateful to everyone who came out and supported us.'