Community spirit shines through at Beccles annual duck race
Ducks and rafts could be found racing for glory along the River Waveney in Beccles.
The 14th annual Beccles Duck Race returned on Saturday.
The event is organised by Beccles Sea Cadets with money raised going towards the construction of its new headquarters.
Sharon Meadows, of the cadets, said: 'It's always a well-supported event but it seemed to be busier this year, perhaps because the weather was so lovely.
'Beccles has a close community spirit and everyone seems to come together and support the duck race.'
Previous organisers, Beccles Rugby Club, continued to run the ever-popular raft race.
The race was hard fought but it was 'The Buddy Boys' raft, from Elphick Buildings Ltd, who emerged victorious.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Mrs Meadows confirmed the race will return next year and added: 'We are so grateful to everyone who came out and supported us.'