Community in shock after body of an 18-year-old found dead at Gresham’s School in Holt
- Credit: Archant
The body of an 18-year-old woman was found at the Gresham's School in Holt on Saturday, it has been confirmed.
Holt Town councillor John Allison has spoken of his shock at hearing the news of the 18-year-old woman found dead at Gresham's.
He said: 'It is very sad and I am very concerned about it. My sympathies and thoughts go out to the family.'
The school confirmed yesterday that the body was found in a dormitory at the school at about 7.30am.
A statement said: 'Emergency services were immediately called and on arrival they determined that the young woman had tragically lost her life. Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
'The identity of the pupil concerned will remain confidential for the immediate period out of respect for the family. The thoughts and prayers of the whole school are with the family and friends of the young woman.'
Police have since confirmed they are investigating the incident.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
A police spokesman said: 'Police were called to an address in Cromer Road, Holt, shortly after 7.30am on Saturday 30 April following reports the body of an 18-year-old woman had been discovered.
'Paramedics attended but the woman was sadly confirmed dead at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for Her Majesty's Coroner.'