Community choir concerts raise more than £1,500 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Community choirs from across Norfolk and Suffolk have raised £1,670 for Children with Cancer UK.
VivaVoices choirs raised the funds through Christmas carol concerts performed by choirs in Wymondham, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
Graeme Hopson, choir leader, said VivaVoices has a personal connection with the cause.
He said: 'We chose this particular charity because the four-year-old daughter of Emma Preston, one of our choir members, was sadly diagnosed with leukaemia in August and will require chemotherapy for the next two years.
'I'm delighted we've raised so much for such a good cause and I'd like to thank all the choir members and everyone who came to support our concerts.'
VivaVoices meets at 7.30pm on Wednesdays at Fairland United Reformed Church, Wymondham.
For more information, call 01284 700286.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'