Community awards handed out at Attleborough annual assembly
Awards have been handed out to community figures in Attleborough at the town's recent annual assembly.
Gill Rule was presented with the Community Cup for her long service to the 1st Attleborough Brownies and Liz Lawford was also honoured for her long service to the 1st Attleborough Brownies.
Liz also collected an award for her late father Roy Hybart for long service as auditor for the Girl Guides, who sadly passed away just before the annual assembly.
Awards were handed to Veronica Hales for her tireless work for the Macmillan Cancer charity, Betty Kemp for raising over �17,000 since 2005 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, Holly Court Knitting Circle for raising �6,500 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices, John Taylor for his continued efforts to help make
Attleborough a better place to live by picking up litter and keeping the town tidy, Dr Richard Lidner for his long service on the Attleborough Town Charities.
Also given awards for their continued help and support for various town events and activities were Phil
Banham, Averill Howell, Donna Kissinger, Gill and John Hastie, Larry Gray, Andy Free and Debbie Banham.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Barbara Waters was also given an award for her tireless work as the town's archivist.
Mayor Karen Pettitt said: 'It was great to see so many people being nominated and it just shows what fantastic people live in our town. Everyone given an award were most deserving and it was nice to be able to show our appreciation for their hard work.'