Collections help boost cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Fund-raisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of cancer charities, have been boosted by two collections.
On Friday, February 24 a street collection and table top sale for breast cancer care was held in Beccles – with £517.20 collected.
This week, the group of fund-raisers held a street collection for breast cancer care in Lowestoft town centre. The collection on Tuesday, March 7 raised £333.99.
Gary Bennett, of the Lauren Lou appeal, thanked his 'hardy volunteers' for their efforts as they 'stand out in all weathers to help us raise thousands of pounds every year for cancer charities.'
Mr Bennett added: 'Thank you to the very kind donating public for supporting us in Beccles and Lowestoft.'
You may also want to watch:
? Have you got a Waveney story? Tell The Journal by calling senior reporter Mark Boggis on 01502 525833 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47