Collections at Great Yarmouth’s Sainsbury’s store support three good causes
- Credit: PA
Collections in the Sainsbury's store in Great Yarmouth have raised £373.40 for Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, the Lydia Eva Trust and the Big C cancer charity.
Volunteers from Lydia Eva Trust, Big C and Norfolk Lowland Rescue were in the store at the weekend holding a collection.
The Lydia Eva Trust raised £137.30, the Big C raised £95.68 and volunteers from Norfolk Lowland Rescue raised £140.42
Store manager Jo Richardsons said: 'We would like to thank our customers for helping to raise £373.40 for the Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Lydia Eva Trust and the Big C local charities.
'We really enjoyed welcoming all of the volunteers into the store over the weekend and we hope our support will really make a difference to each of the charities.'
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Burgis, account director, added: 'It was great to spend some time at Sainsbury's Great Yarmouth over the weekend meeting the customers and colleagues. The generous donations from customers mean we can continue to help more people across the Norfolk area.'
Local charities can apply to hold a fundraising activity in store by contacting Sharon Lawson PR Ambassador on (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham