Coastguard called to rescue canoeist who fell into river at Burgh St Peter, near Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Burgh St Peter, near Beccles, this morning to rescue a man who had fallen into the river.
The man was canoeing along the river, just of Burgh Road at about 11.30am, when he fell into the water.
He held onto the back of a Broads cruiser while he waited to be rescued.
The coastguard were informed and a boat was sent from the nearby Waveney River Centre.
He was taken back to the centre to warm up, but did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Gorleston and Loddon and a surface water rescue boat from Carrow were called, although they stood down before arrival following confirmation from the coastguard that the man was out of the water.
•Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call 07785616296.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house