Left Wing Anti-Brexit tour starts in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A new left wing anti Brexit tour supported by Norwich South MP Clive Lewis will be launched at The Open in Norwich on Saturday.
Love Socialism Hate Brexit was set up by Left Wing Labour MPs who support Jeremy Corbyn's leadership but believe that Labour should campaign for another EU referendum and to stop Brexit by campaigning to stay in the European Union.
Shadow Minister for the Treasury Mr Lewis will be joined for the event by York Central MP, Shadow Rail minister and UEA Graduate Rachel Maskell. York, like Norwich, voted remain in the 2016 referendum but both are surrounded by areas that voted leave.
Lewis said that Love Socialism Hate Brexit emerged in frustration at the reluctance of the Labour leadership to adopt a pro–remain position.
There was also a feeling that the mainstream People's Vote campaign arguing for another referendum had elements hostile to Jeremy Corbyn.
You may also want to watch:
Love Socialism Hate Brexit is at Open Norwich, 20 Bank Plain, NR2 4SF on Saturday 27 April 2.45pm - 4.30pm.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us