Clients of King’s Lynn homeless charity The Purfleet Trust to model clothing on catwalk
- Credit: Ian Burt
Stylish fashionistas can buy their summer wardrobe at bargain prices and help tackle homelessness too.
Homeless charity The Purfleet Trust, in King's Lynn, is throwing a fashion show and clothes sale to raise funds for homeless and vulnerable people in West Norfolk.
Staff and clients will take to the catwalk to show off some of the branded clothing on offer, which are all donations made to the charity's community shop The Olive Branch in Fairstead.
Chief executive Paula Hall said the store is in the process of being renamed The Purfleet Trust and it is the first time the charity is throwing a fashion event.
She added: 'We have lots of good products and we thought a fashion show would be a really good vehicle to sell them, bringing it outside of the Fairstead area and into King's Lynn so people know what's on sale.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a fun way to sell the clothes and to raise the profile of our charity shop.'
A range of clothing, accessories and shoes will be on offer on Thursday, June 29, 7pm to 9pm at the Kings Centre, Wellesley Street.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
West Norfolk Mayor Carol Bower will be introducing the show on the night. She had recently named The Purfleet Trust as her charity of the year during the mayormaking ceremony last month.
Mrs Hall said: 'We are really excited to be named charity of the year, it's such a privilege and we are looking forward to being more proactive.
'Our 25th anniversary is coming up in 2018 so this ties in perfectly with that.'
Spare some room in your shopping bags for cupcakes made by service user Laura, who is studying a catering course at the College of West Anglia, or enter the raffle and tombola to be in with the chance of winning a prize.
Along with the fashion show, there will be a buffet-style meal provided by the charity's food partners, including Nandos, Gravy Boast and Sainsbury's.
Tickets are priced at £5 which includes a buffet meal and welcome drink. They are available to purchase from The Purfleet Trust office in St Ann's Fort, or from their charity shop in Centre Point, Fairstead.
For more information, email email@example.com, or call Bernie Shaw on 01553 767 889