Clenchwarton youngster bags three titles at British Roller Skating Championships
Youngster Chantel Lyon has her eyes set on international glory after skating her way to three national titles.
The nine-year-old stormed to victory in the tots girls' figures, free skating and combined categories at the British Roller Skating Championships.
The Clenchwarton Primary School pupil is now hoping to get into the national skating squad following her success at the championships, which were held in Peterborough last weekend.
The Clenchwarton resident said: 'I was really ecstatic to win on Saturday because I didn't think I was going to win them.
'I now want to be part of England squad and enter international competitions.'
The skating star was inspired to get into skating after watching television programme Dancing on Ice which stars Olympic gold medallists Torvill and Dean.
Chantel, who belongs to Ely Roller Skating Club, added: 'I enjoy roller skating because you get to make new friends and get to do all the competitions.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
'I'd like to thank my trainer Brian Paddington and all the girls at the club for supporting me.'
Her mum Kim added: 'I'm very proud of her. She started skating when she was six and at the time it was just meant to be a little hobby and something to keep her amused.
'But now she wants to do it when she grows up and wants to skate for England which is fantastic.'