Could you help clean up Plantation Woods in King’s Lynn?
- Credit: IAN BURT
A clean-up is being held to spruce up a community woodland.
Volunteers are needed to help out at Plantation Woods, on the outskirts of King's Lynn on Sunday.
They're being asked to wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather, while gloves, picking sticks and bin bags will be provided.
Plantation Woods, next to Howard Infant School in Gaywood, is managed by the Friends of Plantation Woods.
It offers open areas, cycle paths, mature and newly-plated trees and ponds.
You may also want to watch:
Litter picking and clear-up days on the site began in 2011 along with other community activities, to enable local people and organisations to get involved and take ownership of how the wood is used, maintained and enjoyed.
Sunday's session runs from 12-noon - 2pm. Volunteers should meet at the notice board at the entrance.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.