Clay shooting event planned for Hoxne in north Suffolk will raise money for the village
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Clay shooters both beginners and expert will gather for a fundraising event in Hoxne, north Suffolk.
The event, at Oakley Park on Sunday, September 10, will raise money for the village playing field and St Edmund's Primary School.
Alan Bryant, organiser, said the annual event grew bigger each year and raised more than £2,000 in 2016. He said: 'This year we would like to raise even more and welcome people of all ages and abilities to come along and take part.
'Apart from the main 40 bird shooting and a pool shoot there is also a 'have a go' stand. Complete novices who have never before had the chance to try clay shooting are welcome to come along. We will supply the guns and instruction – all they have to do is turn up.'
More than 200 rounds were sold last year and Mr Bryant said there were a number of competitors who return each year to take part.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK