Classic Italian roadster reborn with Fiat 124 Spider
- Credit: Fiat
The new Fiat 124 Spider is set to bring the authentic, Italian roadster driving experience to a new generation of British enthusiasts with prices starting at £19,545 on the road.
The profile view is pure classic roadster, with its long wheelbase, a cockpit hunkered low near the driven rear axle and a long bonnet – inspired by the 1966 original.
To minimise weight, improve longevity and encourage spur-of-the-moment open-air driving experiences, the multi-layer canvas hood operates manually in seconds using minimal force and without the driver having to leave their seat.
Under the long bonnet is the proven 140hp 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine with a six-speed manual transmission and drive to the rear wheels. The Fiat 124 Spider is capable of accelerating to 62mph in just 7.5 seconds and has a top speed of 134mph.
Three trim levels will be offered – Classica, Lusso and Lusso Plus.
You may also want to watch:
The £19,545 Classica includes four airbags, air conditioning, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, cruise control with speed limiter, 16in alloy wheels, keyless ignition and Bluetooth connectivity.
Lusso, at £22,295, adds a seven-inch infotainment system, satellite navigation, rear parking camera, 17in alloys, heated leather seats, automatic climate control, front fog lamps and keyless entry.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
The £23,295 Lusso Plus has adaptive LED headlamps and LED daytime running lights, automatic lights and wipers and a nine-speaker BOSE sound system.