Classic Ford fun... and bit of a drag too
- Credit: supplied
Fans of the iconic Blue Oval are in for a feast of fun at the Classic Ford Show on Sunday, June 5.
The Classic Ford Show, in association with Admiral Insurance, will take place at the famous Santa Pod drag strip in Podington, Bedfordshire, and will play host to thousands of the best Fords in Britain, from both club exhibitors and individual entrants.
There will be a wide variety of standard, tuned and modified cars on display at the show, which is supported by Classic Ford, the UK's leading publication for fans of the Blue Oval's most iconic models, and its sister title Fast Ford.
It will feature an exclusive Ford-only Run What Ya Brung on the drag strip, open to show visitors and their cars.
The quarter-mile contest will give guests the chance to pit their own Fords against each other, and drivers will receive a full performance printout showing reaction time, terminal speed and the time to complete the sprint.
You may also want to watch:
Another major highlight of the show will be a series of Ford Drag Car demos, featuring some of Santa Pod's most famous Ford-based dragsters, which are always a huge hit at the show. The hotted-up Capris, Sierras, Anglias, Fiestas and more will be available to view in the pit area, where showgoers can get up close to the cars and their drivers.
Santa Pod will also be doing a few runs with the strip's famous FireForce Jet Car. Powered by the engine from a Skycrane helicopter and putting out around 10,000bhp and 5,000lb of thrust, FireForce has the fastest terminal speed of any Jet Car in the world – it's an impressive beast to look at, and even more awe-inspiring to hear.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
In addition, there will be dramatic live stunt displays, drift trikes and the opportunity for showgoers to win a Ford Focus ST, which is currently being transformed by Classic Ford's sister title, Fast Ford.
This year, the show is backed by Admiral, which has introduced a range of classic car insurance products including policies aimed at owners of multiple vehicles.
Those wanting to make a weekend of it will be able to take advantage of on-site camping, available from midday on Saturday June 4, complete with a bar and live entertainment.
Camping is priced at £10 per person on the gate, although early-bird tickets are available including show entry and camping at £25 per person – a saving of £8. Early-bird tickets are also available for the show alone, priced at £18 – £5 less than the gate price.
Advance tickets and more information from www.classicfordshow.co.uk