Civic parade for Great Yarmouth Paralympic gold medalist Jessica-Jane Applegate
It was a civic parade Great Yarmouth style for Paralympics gold medallist Jessica-Jane Applegate - by road train.
Crowds turned out this morning to cheer the 16-year-old Gorleston girl on a circuit round the town.
The swimmer then appeared on the town hall balcony to receive the acclaim of her enthusiastic supporters.
Yarmouth Mayor Colleen Walker said: 'Jessica-Jane is a local girl and the borough council was really keen to show her just how proud we, and Yarmouth's residents, are of her achievement.'
Jessica-Jane, who has learning difficulties, goes to Gorleston's Ormiston Venture Academy.
You may also want to watch:
She won her medal in the 200m freestyle S14 category.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures