Civic parade for Great Yarmouth Paralympic gold medalist Jessica-Jane Applegate
It was a civic parade Great Yarmouth style for Paralympics gold medallist Jessica-Jane Applegate - by road train.
Crowds turned out this morning to cheer the 16-year-old Gorleston girl on a circuit round the town.
The swimmer then appeared on the town hall balcony to receive the acclaim of her enthusiastic supporters.
Yarmouth Mayor Colleen Walker said: 'Jessica-Jane is a local girl and the borough council was really keen to show her just how proud we, and Yarmouth's residents, are of her achievement.'
Jessica-Jane, who has learning difficulties, goes to Gorleston's Ormiston Venture Academy.
You may also want to watch:
She won her medal in the 200m freestyle S14 category.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market