City singers present cheque to cancer charity
- Credit: Pete Boddy
Cancer charity The Big C has been presented with a cheque for £400 by city based barbershop group The Fine City Chorus.
The money was raised through a mixture of group member donations and bucket collections during performances.
Chorus singer Brian Pincher, 53, said: 'We chose the Big C as our charity last year as a few of our members have been affected by cancer, whether that's friends, family or themselves.'
On May 24 they will join 59 other choruses from around the country at the International Centre in Bournemouth to compete at the British Association of Barbershop Singers Convention.
The chosen charity the group will raise money for this year is Nelson's Journey.
You may also want to watch:
New members are invited to join the chorus who meet at the Lion Infant and Nursery School in Norwich every Wednesday from 7.30pm.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer