City singers present cheque to cancer charity
- Credit: Pete Boddy
Cancer charity The Big C has been presented with a cheque for £400 by city based barbershop group The Fine City Chorus.
The money was raised through a mixture of group member donations and bucket collections during performances.
Chorus singer Brian Pincher, 53, said: 'We chose the Big C as our charity last year as a few of our members have been affected by cancer, whether that's friends, family or themselves.'
On May 24 they will join 59 other choruses from around the country at the International Centre in Bournemouth to compete at the British Association of Barbershop Singers Convention.
The chosen charity the group will raise money for this year is Nelson's Journey.
You may also want to watch:
New members are invited to join the chorus who meet at the Lion Infant and Nursery School in Norwich every Wednesday from 7.30pm.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street