College students to take over at Delia’s restaurant
- Credit: Google Street View
Twelve student chefs from City College Norwich will be aiming to match the high standards enjoyed by diners when they take over at Delia's Restaurant and Bar.
The one-off event on January 25 will give the students invaluable experience of food preparation and service in one of the city's most popular restaurants.
The students will be overseen by their chef lecturer Martin Colley, who spent three years running Delia's before joining City College Norwich.
Mr Colley said: 'The takeover of Delia's is a fantastic opportunity for our students to broaden their hospitality experience. They will have to get to grips with a new menu and a different style of service, which is an exciting challenge and great for their development as they move towards their future careers in hospitality. It promises to be a great evening.'
Norwich City director Delia Smith said: 'It's great to be encouraging catering students, and head chef Nigel Ramsbottom is an outstanding chef to work alongside and learn from.'
You may also want to watch:
The event cost £20 per person for three courses. Bookings are available from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
To book your table contact Delia's Canary Catering Events team on 01603 218704.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear