Cinderella set to kick off her shoes for a panto stay at Sheringham Little Theatre
Cinderella will be going to the ball in north Norfolk this Christmas as Sheringham Little Theatre stages its pantomime version of the favourite fairytale.
Once again written by West End star Killian Donnelly, who is known for his appearances in Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera and Memphis, this year's show promises singing, dancing and hilarity during its run, from December 9 until January 2.
Director Nick Earnshaw said: 'It is set firmly around the Christmas and New Year period, which we think works very well with the whole Cinderella story.'
One member of the Cinderella crew nearly found herself playing a role in the original Christmas story when there was 'no room at the inn' for her in Sheringham over the panto period.
Deputy stage manager Alexandra Kettell, who is based at the Chichester Festival Theatre, in Sussex, faced sleeping on someone's sofa during her stay after all attempts to find her digs proved fruitless.
But, as the clock looked set to strike midnight on the day Ms Kettell came to Sheringham, Cinderella, played by Melissa Potts, came to her rescue.
Ms Potts had found a two-bedroomed flat in the town through friends in her native Staffordshire and offered the other room to Ms Kettell.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 4 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 9 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 10 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
Mr Donnelly, who is currently playing one of the lead roles in Kinky Boots, at the Adelphi Theatre, in London, enjoys penning pantomimes in his spare time and has seen great success with his shows in Sheringham.
Debbie Thompson, director of the Little Theatre, said Cinderella was her favourite pantomime, adding: 'We are thrilled to have one of Killian's wonderful scripts again and know how much Christmas fun it will bring to our theatre and our audiences.'
For more information or to book tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com