Church Approach, North Walsham - a better name than 4a Market Street?
Church Approach looks set to become the new name of a transformed area of North Walsham.
Town councillors have been discussing what to call the landscaped site once occupied by the former neglected 4a Market Street which was demolished after more than a decade.
The new-look, paved site reveals a hitherto-hidden vista of North Walsham's imposing grade one-listed parish church with its distinctive ruined tower.
Dave Turner, who was born and bred in North Walsham, said the surrounding area had always been known as Church Approach, and the council agreed to investigate the history of that name.
But mayor Barry Hester said: 'For me it's a no-brainer. If that's what it's always been called, then that's what we should call it.'
You may also want to watch:
? Councillors are to consult interested parties on siting a bench by the taxi rank close to 4a Market Street although police fear it could attract anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Local pub splashes back into action
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town