North Norfolk choir preparing a ‘festive feast’ for Christmas concert
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A choral society has promised a 'festive feast of music' as they prepare for their annual Christmas concert.
Fakenham Choral Society's show will take place at Fakenham Parish Church on Saturday December 14 from 5.30pm.
The north Norfolk choir group will perform to the music of Bach's Cantatas.
A choir spokesperson said: "The church will be filled with the thrilling sound of trumpets, flutes, oboes, timpani and strings."
There will also be a chance for people to join the choir to perform some popular traditional carols and promising a very special rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The choir will be conducted by Mark Jones, accompanied by Adrian Richards and joined by two well known local singers Tom Appleton and Angela Brun.
Tickets are £12 (paid in advance) or £14 on the door, with under 16s free and available by calling 01485 544335, via choir members, or online at www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious