Chloë celebrates catwalk success at fashion show
- Credit: Louise Mclanachan
Landing a modelling contract was a dream come true for Attleborough teenager Chloë Mclanachan.
The 16-year-old was given the contract as a prize for winning a 'Face of Norwich Fashion Week' contest after treading the catwalk at last month's Norwich Fashion Week.
Chloë, who is in sixth form at Attleborough Academy, said her success was a nice surprise and a huge confidence boost.
She said: 'To be part of something that was such a high-profile event in the city was really cool.
'It also really built my confidence, because before I didn't have much self-esteem.
'It made me feel really good about myself.'
Chloë took part in four catwalk events during fashion week, modelling clothes from top labels as well as unique outfits created by Norwich City College fashion students.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
She said: 'I wore one with an Oriental print, and another which had netting around my arms and a skirt with leather panels on it.
'I have never worn anything like that before.'
Chloë decided to enter the contest after being 'scouted' by a modelling agency representative during a student lock-in night at intu Chapelfield.
She competed against about 30 others in the contest, which took place at OPEN in Norwich.
The result means Chloë has been taken on by the Sandra Reynolds Modelling agency, which has an office in the city.
But Chloë said that while she hoped to go on modelling as a hobby, she had no plans to pursue it as a career.
She said: 'I want to study marine biology, and focus on shark conservation.'