Chinese lantern causes blaze the size of a tennis court in Waxham

JB-1-FIRE-SERVICE-APPLIANCE-re

- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011

A Chinese lantern caused a patch of Marram Grass, around the size of a tennis court, to catch fire last night near Waxham.

Firefighters from Martham and Stalham were called out to the blaze at about 11pm yesterday to reports of a fire in the open on Coast Road.

The fire stretched about 200sq meters and was an accidental ignition caused by a Chinese lantern.

It was extinguished using a hand appliance, back pack sprayers and beaters.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus