Chilli nuts are thrown at Lowestoft motorist
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for information after chilli nuts were thrown into the face a motorist as he was driving along Beccles Road.
The incident happened at about 4.45pm on Saturday when the victim, a man in his 30s, was driving northbound on Beccles Road and was waiting to turn right at a junction.
A vehicle described as an orange/rust coloured Mitsubishi went past his car and someone flung chilli nuts at the victim striking him in the face and sunglasses. The car was then seen in Conrad Road before it headed into Burnt Hill Way and into Kingfisher Close, the car then went over a footpath and grassed area to get away.
Police say it is believed that three people, aged in their late teens, were in the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Lowestoft South Safer Neighbour Team on 101 quoting reference LO/14/4033, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden