Children send heartwarming notes of thanks to NHS staff
- Credit: Rebecca Nutbourne
Primary school children have brought "tears to the eyes" of NHS staff working at a town's community hospital.
Children aged between four and five years old from Heartwood CE VC Primary School have sent notes of thanks and colourful posters to NHS staff working at Swaffham Community Hospital.
The messages, which were delivered at the end of January have "really put a smile on the faces" of the staff, according to student nurse, Rebecca Nutbourne.
She said: "It has been exceptionally difficult and scary for everyone working within the NHS at the moment a lot of things are uncertain but one thing that is certain is the support and care we are all shown from the community.
"We have these posters in our staff well-being room and they really put a smile on our faces each time we sit down for a cuppa and look at them.
"To be shown such care from such young people brought a tear to us all and we are so, so grateful."
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge