Children’s charity EACH to open flagship shop in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A charity which supports children with life-threatening illnesses is to launch a flagship shop in Norwich.
The East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shop, which will be at 321b Aylsham Road, will add to the charity's network of 17 branches across East Anglia.
It is hoped that the shop, which will open at 10am on Friday, December 11, will boost awareness and fundraising for EACH in the city.
Gabrielle Spray, EACH head of retail, said: 'We're so excited to be opening a shop in Norwich. It's been on the cards for a long time, but it's taken time to find the right premises. The shop is in a great location, it's big and it's got parking which is essential, and we're confident it'll be a great success.
'We'd like as many people as possible to come along to see just how great the shop is, enjoy some delicious refreshments and most importantly stock up on both new and second-hand bargains.'
EACH staff are on the hunt for donations of clean and good quality items including clothing, bric-a-brac, modern paperbacks, toys, jewellery, DVDs and household items.
Furniture is also sought and the charity is able to collect some items free or charge.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
Members of the public are invited to come along on the opening day, when it will stay open until 8pm.
The charity is also looking for volunteers to help staff the shop and two open days are being held on Tuesday, December 1 and Wednesday, December 2 from 10am to 3pm.
EACH supports families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region.
For more information on furniture collections, contact 01842 821620 or for information on the shop call 01603 301475.
Have you been fundraising for EACH? Email reporter Lauren Cope on firstname.lastname@example.org