Children and adult dress up for Mad Hatters Tea Party in Halesworth
Smiling Cheshire cats, jumping Mad Hatters and of course Alice herself were all in a bistro in Halesworth on Friday.
More than 30 adults and children dressed up as their favourite characters from the children's classic Alice in Wonderland as they went to a Mad Hatters tea party to celebrate the bistro's birthday.
Owner Kim Hart, 47, was celebrating the first anniversary of having taken over The Bay Tree Bistro, in the Thoroughfare. It has previously been closed for 18 months.
Mrs Hart, of Holton, said: 'We have received a lot of support from the locals and decided to give a bit back by having a week of celebrations.'
The week-long celebration featured a variety of different events including an Elvis tribute, a party evening and the Mad Hatters event.
For the Mad Hatters event the children and staff were encouraged to buy dresses from The Halesworth Children Society Charity shop, to then base their costume on.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof