Child, aged 3, passenger in a car that ‘attempted to evade’ police in Wisbech last night - drugs recovered from vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A three-year-old was in a car trying to evade police in Wisbech last night that ended with a drugs arrest and the vehicle seized for having no insurance.
Police discovered the child when they eventually forced the car to stop in the Wisbech area.
A police spokesman said the vehicle 'attempted to evade us last night' before it was brought to a halt.
'Upon speaking to the driver, a strong smell of cannabis was identified as coming from the vehicle,' said the spokesman.
'A subsequent search of the driver and vehicle revealed a quantity of suspected Class A and Class B drugs. The driver was arrested.
You may also want to watch:
'A search was also completed on two adult passengers, one of which had secreted suspected class A drugs on his person and was therefore arrested.'
The spokesman said: 'A three-year-old child was also in the vehicle at this time. 'Another adult passenger was issued a cannabis warning.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
He added: 'Inquiries at the scene also revealed the vehicle did not have insurance, so the vehicle was seized.'