Chicago blues star Dave Thomas to perform in Diss
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norfolk's Chicago blues star, Dave Thomas, is performing in Diss later this month.
Mr Thomas, who is said to be the guitarist of choice for many big blues names visiting the UK and Europe and the USA, has a number of critically acclaimed albums which have a clear lineage from its 1950s and 1960s roots.
He has made recent appearances at the Chicago Blues Festival where he was recognised as a true blues man. He has also performed with Paul Jones and The Blues Band.
He will be performing at the Corn Hall in Diss on Saturday, September 30 at 8pm.
The Corn Hall is set inside a Grade II listed building, which was originally built as a corn exchange.
You may also want to watch:
It is now a thriving arts venue offering a wide range of entertainment.
Tickets to The Dave Thomas Blues Band cost £12 if booked in advance, or £14 on the door.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
Are you hosting an event? Email email@example.com