Cheque presented as fundraising gathers pace to improve Beccles Lido toilet and changing facilities
- Credit: Shaun Crowley
Beccles Lido's campaign to raise £110,000 to replace the aging toilet and changing block facilities is gathering pace.
A funding page was launched back in April to help kick start the project with the aim to raise £10,000 from local organisations and individuals.
The latest organisation to back the campaign is Beccles Helping Hands, and last weekend their chairman Gary Johnson presented Lido directors Suzanne Gibbons and Maureen Saunders with a cheque for £1,000, telling them 'we are very happy to help show our support for such an important community attraction.'
Mrs Gibbons said: 'It's fantastic that Beccles Helping Hands has made such a generous donation to add to all of the other donations we have already received to date.
'Whether it's a £1,000 or just £10 every penny counts. So please visit our fundraising page and support your Lido'.
Beccles Lido Ltd chief executive Shaun Crowley added: 'Yet again I am overwhelmed by the support of the Beccles Community and other charitable organisations in Beccles - whether it's the Lido or the Public Hall, Beccles always comes up trumps.
'We need to demonstrate to large, national grant organisations that we have overwhelming support in Beccles, so we launched our online fundraising campaign to raise £10,000 from the local community, and after just one month we have already raised approaching £3,000.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
'Of course, we need to raise much more than that and this week we applied for a very large grant and so it is hugely important that when the trustees meet to make their decision we can demonstrate our own successful fundraising campaign.'
Anybody who would like to help the Lido reach their target can make a donation by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/BecclesLidoTBC.
Alternatively you can send a cheque to 6 Cromwell Close, Beccles, NR34 9XE.
If you would like to find out more about the project, then visit www.BecclesLido.com.
The plans will also be available to view at the Lido when it opens on Saturday, May 27, as well as this weekend between 10am and 2pm when season tickets are on sale.
Do you have any fundraising stories? Email email@example.com