Cheque presented as fundraising gathers pace to improve Beccles Lido toilet and changing facilities
- Credit: Shaun Crowley
Beccles Lido's campaign to raise £110,000 to replace the aging toilet and changing block facilities is gathering pace.
A funding page was launched back in April to help kick start the project with the aim to raise £10,000 from local organisations and individuals.
The latest organisation to back the campaign is Beccles Helping Hands, and last weekend their chairman Gary Johnson presented Lido directors Suzanne Gibbons and Maureen Saunders with a cheque for £1,000, telling them 'we are very happy to help show our support for such an important community attraction.'
Mrs Gibbons said: 'It's fantastic that Beccles Helping Hands has made such a generous donation to add to all of the other donations we have already received to date.
'Whether it's a £1,000 or just £10 every penny counts. So please visit our fundraising page and support your Lido'.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Lido Ltd chief executive Shaun Crowley added: 'Yet again I am overwhelmed by the support of the Beccles Community and other charitable organisations in Beccles - whether it's the Lido or the Public Hall, Beccles always comes up trumps.
'We need to demonstrate to large, national grant organisations that we have overwhelming support in Beccles, so we launched our online fundraising campaign to raise £10,000 from the local community, and after just one month we have already raised approaching £3,000.'
- 1 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 9 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 10 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
'Of course, we need to raise much more than that and this week we applied for a very large grant and so it is hugely important that when the trustees meet to make their decision we can demonstrate our own successful fundraising campaign.'
Anybody who would like to help the Lido reach their target can make a donation by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/BecclesLidoTBC.
Alternatively you can send a cheque to 6 Cromwell Close, Beccles, NR34 9XE.
If you would like to find out more about the project, then visit www.BecclesLido.com.
The plans will also be available to view at the Lido when it opens on Saturday, May 27, as well as this weekend between 10am and 2pm when season tickets are on sale.
Do you have any fundraising stories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org