Three people taken to hospital after chemical leak at holiday park
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is to be launched following a chemical leak at a holiday park.
The incident took place at Broadland Sands, in Corton, near Lowestoft, on Saturday, August 11.
The spillage, occurred in the plant room of the park's swimming pool.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue service where called to the park at 10.50am.
In total, six crews arrived at the holiday park but were stood down by 11.46am.
A spokesperson for Park Holidays, which runs the Lowestoft park said: 'Three members of staff were taken to hospital as a precaution but after examination where discharged. No guests where involved, the spillage was cleared up very quickly and the swimming pool remained open.'
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm