Chelsea football heroes Ron “Chopper” Harris and Bobby Tambling to make double guest appearance at Gorleston pub
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Two star footballers with tales to tell from a golden era are set to be quizzed by fans in Gorleston.
Chelsea legends Ron 'Chopper' Harris and Bobby Tambling will mingle with townsfolk and spill the beans on their colourful sporting lives at Bar 1 on Friday May 5 from 7pm.
The event is a charity fixture raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Landlady Karen Lear said she and husband Ron were big Blues fans who were excited about the double appearance.
It is the second time Ron has appeared at the pub since the couple took it over around three years ago, and this time he will be joined by former training chum Bobby who is flying from Dublin especially.
You may also want to watch:
On the night there will also be a comedy act, buffet and charity auction. 'We have had Ron before and he is absolutely brilliant,' Karen said. 'They are both real characters.'
Tickets £30 from the pub or via 07747 146247.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage