Cheap train fares introduced for kids to encourage East Anglia staycation over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Take a journey off the beaten track this weekend, as Greater Anglia, tourism authorities, and bloggers have teamed up to encourage families to explore the region over the Easter Holidays.
The train operator is offering a special kids' fare which means that up to four can travel with an adult for just £2 return each.
Using the #railadventure hashtag, bloggers and their families have been exploring East Anglia by rail, and highlighting hidden gems that are just a train journey away.
Boredom busters suggested so far have included the North Norfolk Railway (Sheringham station) Somerleyton Hall (Somerleyton station), and Bure Valley Railway and Broads Tours boat trips (Hoveton & Wroxham Station).
Andy Camp, Greater Anglia's Commercial Director, commented: 'We're delighted to team up with bloggers, attractions and tourism organisations in East Anglia to highlight the great days out you can enjoy close to home, which are in such easy reach from our stations.
You may also want to watch:
'Travelling by train takes away the stress of sitting in traffic and parking and offers another element of memorable fun for the kids, who travel for just £2 on our services.'
Read about Sarah's #railadventure on the North Norfolk Railway here.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge