Charlotte’s stage success lands place at drama school
A KEEN stage star has beaten off international competition to win a coveted place at a prestigious acting school in Scotland.
Charlotte Barker, a former East Norfolk Sixth Form student, will be among just 20 students studying for the BA Acting degree at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, which has produced stars including David Tennant, James McAvoy, Ruby Wax and Robert Carlyle.
The 21-year-old said she was honoured after going through a tough eight hour audition which included improvisation, sight reading, movement and an interview with six judges.
She said: 'In the final round there were people from Israel and Michigan. With roughly four places for English students I knew the odds were stacked.'
But she was delighted after receiving a letter telling her she had secured her place in Glasgow.
Charlotte appeared at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft with the June Glennie School of Dance, aged three.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 5 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 6 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000