Charlie Chaplin swaps Norwich’s Gentleman’s Walk for Hollywood
The man who performs as Charlie Chaplin in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich is taking his act to Hollywood.
Earlier this year, Anthony Arnold successfully took the act to Queensland, Australia, as part of an extended holiday.
And now he has set himself the ultimate challenge to make it big in the film capital.
The entertainer from Eade Road, north city, who has been absent from Gentleman's Walk recently, as he has been ill, said he had inherited some money which was paying for the trip.
He said: 'I will just go out and do my thing. But I'm not really hoping for anything, but will see what happens. I will stay in Hollywood two weeks and perform as Charlie outside some of the studios.'
You may also want to watch:
He will be accompanied on the trip by Gill Alexander, from Norwich, who will attempt to promote him.
But he added: 'I will back in Norwich soon. I love it and must get back for my daughter, Flora, 11.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy