Charlie Chaplin swaps Norwich’s Gentleman’s Walk for Hollywood
The man who performs as Charlie Chaplin in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich is taking his act to Hollywood.
Earlier this year, Anthony Arnold successfully took the act to Queensland, Australia, as part of an extended holiday.
And now he has set himself the ultimate challenge to make it big in the film capital.
The entertainer from Eade Road, north city, who has been absent from Gentleman's Walk recently, as he has been ill, said he had inherited some money which was paying for the trip.
He said: 'I will just go out and do my thing. But I'm not really hoping for anything, but will see what happens. I will stay in Hollywood two weeks and perform as Charlie outside some of the studios.'
You may also want to watch:
He will be accompanied on the trip by Gill Alexander, from Norwich, who will attempt to promote him.
But he added: 'I will back in Norwich soon. I love it and must get back for my daughter, Flora, 11.'
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive