Charity walk and run postponed at Somerleyton Hall
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A fundraising walk and run due to take place at Somerleyton Hall this weekend has been postponed.
The 5km walk or 10km run on Sunday, June 11, was raising money for the British Red Cross. However due to unforeseen circumstances the event has been postponed.
It will be rearranged for later in the year, with a new date set to be published on the charity's website.
However the garden at the hall will still be open and Lord Somerleyton is encouraging the people of Norfolk and Suffolk to enjoy a walk around the beautiful grounds. All entrance money will go to the charity.
Paul Fleet, senior community fundraiser for the charity in Suffolk and Norfolk, said: 'Although we are disappointed having to postpone the walk, we are really excited to have such a fantastic venue open its gardens for us. We really appreciate Lord Somerleyton doing this for us.
You may also want to watch:
'Without the support of places such as Somerleyton Hall and people like Lord Somerleyton, we would really struggle to provide our services. I really hope the people of Suffolk and Norfolk would like to support us by taking part.'
For more information on the British Red Cross or to offer your support with collections or volunteering, contact Mr Fleet on 01603 253412 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water