Charity walk and run postponed at Somerleyton Hall
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A fundraising walk and run due to take place at Somerleyton Hall this weekend has been postponed.
The 5km walk or 10km run on Sunday, June 11, was raising money for the British Red Cross. However due to unforeseen circumstances the event has been postponed.
It will be rearranged for later in the year, with a new date set to be published on the charity's website.
However the garden at the hall will still be open and Lord Somerleyton is encouraging the people of Norfolk and Suffolk to enjoy a walk around the beautiful grounds. All entrance money will go to the charity.
Paul Fleet, senior community fundraiser for the charity in Suffolk and Norfolk, said: 'Although we are disappointed having to postpone the walk, we are really excited to have such a fantastic venue open its gardens for us. We really appreciate Lord Somerleyton doing this for us.
You may also want to watch:
'Without the support of places such as Somerleyton Hall and people like Lord Somerleyton, we would really struggle to provide our services. I really hope the people of Suffolk and Norfolk would like to support us by taking part.'
For more information on the British Red Cross or to offer your support with collections or volunteering, contact Mr Fleet on 01603 253412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars