Charity shop volunteer awarded supermarket donation
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer has been given a special award for her work at a Brundall charity shop.
Sue Hewitt, from Brundall, has volunteered at the Cancer Community Chest for seven years, serving in the shop, selling items on Gumtree and selling pages, for the charity.
The charity provides holidays, respite care and equipment to those living with cancer and other life-changing diseases.
Ms Hewitt has worked for Sainsbury's, Pound Lane, Norwich, for 21 years and applied for a grant from her employer for the charity.
The supermarket's giving scheme, known as Local Heroes, has helped increase the support she offers the charity with a donation of £200.
You may also want to watch:
Janie McKellar, secretary of the Cancer Community Chest said the 'very generous donations which have made a significant difference to the comfort and quality of life of people who are battling with serious illness.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich