Charity quilt made by Southwold group raises vital funds for good causes
- Credit: Margaret Beckett
A quilt made by the Southwold Golf Club Quilters has helped raise more than £2,000 for charity.
The quilt, which is made from more than 1200 pieces of fabric, has been on display in Collen and Clare in Southwold.
And it will be raffled in aid of Parkinson's UK at a coffee morning on March 30 at Southwold Golf Club.
Inspiration behind its creation came when the Quilters of Southwold Golf Club decided to support incoming Ladies Captain, Jackie Selby, by making a quilt in aid of Parkinson's UK, her chosen charity for her year- following the death of her husband Peter Selby in 2014, who had suffered for a number of years from the disease.
A bridge drive will be held at the Southwold Golf Club on March 6 in aid of the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the auction in March are available by calling 01502 723522 or 01502 724160.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk