Charity golf day to raise money for local causes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A funeral home will host a charity golf day next month and is calling for golfers of all abilities to get involved.
The Rosedale Funeral Home, on Upper Olland Street, Bungay, will host the charity day with all proceeds being split between Emmaus, Norfolk and Waveney, who work to end homelessness in the area, and Nature and Nurture Therapeutic Services, who support children and families who have been bereaved of a loved one.
The group aim to raise enough money to run a residential weekend in Suffolk to support families who have been bereaved.
Funeral director George Ling said: "Rosedale chose to support two local charities where we can see the impact the money we raise has and where the money goes back into supporting local people."
The charity golf day will take place on Thursday, June 13 at Bungay and Waveney Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in putting a team together, or a company sponsoring a hole or giving a prize for the raffle, should call Lucy on 07753 299 925.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase