Accountants to step out on charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a regional firm of chartered accountants, along with family, friends and dogs, will be stepping out for charity on a ten mile coastal sponsored walk.
Team members from across the offices of chartered accountants, business advisers and financial planners Lovewell Blake will be undertaking the walk to raise money for the LB150 Fund, which supports local community groups and organisations across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Fund was set up 10 years ago to celebrate the firm's 150th anniversary, with the aim of raising £150,000; this year's grants round will see the amount raised and distributed top £250,000.
The walk, which takes place on September 30 from Caister-on-Sea to Hopton-on-Sea, is 10 miles along the coast.
James Kent, one of those taking part, said: 'Having taken on the three peaks challenge last year, we wanted to do something that more people would take part in, whilst raising money for the LB150 Fund, which is all about staff contributing to the fundraising effort, through all sorts of activities.
You may also want to watch:
'We're hoping for good weather on the day, but come rain or shine we will be taking on the challenge.'
Anyone wanting to support the walk can do so by visiting www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/LovewellBlakecoastalwalk
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each