Charitable North Norfolk youngster is getting on his bike for Help the Heroes
A big-hearted north Norfolk youngster has taken it upon himself to 'do his bit' for the country's forces by organising a fundraising bike ride.
Little Eli Wilkinson will pedal just over eight miles along Weavers' Way from his home in North Walsham to his grandma's house in Stalham in aid of Help for Heroes.
The nine-year-old Colby Primary School pupil has an avid interest in the Army and after finding out about the charity, which supports wounded personnel, he decided he wanted to do something to help.
His mum Cally, 33, said: 'We found him logged onto the (charity's) application form and he was typing it out and so there was no stopping him. He said 'I know it might be hard biking up there but it's not as hard as what the heroes have done'.
'He's adamant he's going to finish it and he's hoping it will take about three hours, depending on how many punctures they get on the way.
'I'm so proud of him.'
Eli added: 'I want to do it because they (the heroes) risk their lives for us and they protect us and other countries.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
The youngster from Bacton Road, who wants to work as a police dog handler, will be joined on the ride on Sunday, March 18 by his dad Taye, 34, and has already smashed his fundraising target, with his total currently standing at �210.
? Anyone who wants to support Eli can drop donations into Cromer Carpets in The Croft, Cromer where his dad works.