Charitable North Norfolk youngster is getting on his bike for Help the Heroes
A big-hearted north Norfolk youngster has taken it upon himself to 'do his bit' for the country's forces by organising a fundraising bike ride.
Little Eli Wilkinson will pedal just over eight miles along Weavers' Way from his home in North Walsham to his grandma's house in Stalham in aid of Help for Heroes.
The nine-year-old Colby Primary School pupil has an avid interest in the Army and after finding out about the charity, which supports wounded personnel, he decided he wanted to do something to help.
His mum Cally, 33, said: 'We found him logged onto the (charity's) application form and he was typing it out and so there was no stopping him. He said 'I know it might be hard biking up there but it's not as hard as what the heroes have done'.
'He's adamant he's going to finish it and he's hoping it will take about three hours, depending on how many punctures they get on the way.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm so proud of him.'
Eli added: 'I want to do it because they (the heroes) risk their lives for us and they protect us and other countries.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Police called to reports of young men climbing up crane in Norwich
- 6 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 7 Water outages hit homes across city
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
The youngster from Bacton Road, who wants to work as a police dog handler, will be joined on the ride on Sunday, March 18 by his dad Taye, 34, and has already smashed his fundraising target, with his total currently standing at �210.
? Anyone who wants to support Eli can drop donations into Cromer Carpets in The Croft, Cromer where his dad works.