Rumours Hollywood star Channing Tatum in Dereham prove to be unfounded
- Credit: Archant
He may be more used to the glamour of Beverley Hills, but there were reports of movie star Channing Tatum being spotted in a Norfolk town today.
Rumours circulated online that the actor, who is known for films such as the Step Up series, Dear John, and Magic Mike, was in Dereham to film a remake of movie The Bodyguard.
But it is believed scenes being filmed are instead for a new BBC series called Bodyguard - and the cast list does not include the Hollywood star.
The series, from the creators of Line of Duty and starring Richard Madden (who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) and Keeley Hawes, is filming scenes at Dereham Railway Station and has a base at Dereham Town Football Club's ground Aldiss Park.
The Mid-Norfolk Railway has also been in front of the cameras this week when the BBC One Inside Out crew visited for filming on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
For more entertainment news and events, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out.
- 1 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 2 A47 reopening after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 3 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 4 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 5 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 6 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 7 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 8 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 9 Tributes to 'brilliant man' devoted to helping Norwich homeless
- 10 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings