Changed Norfolk foods market proves successful
A new day for the monthly Norfolk foods market at Wroxham Barns has proved a success.
Organisers Produced In Norfolk changed the day of its traditional Saturday market to a Thursday and launched a range of new products.
Managing director of Produced in Norfolk Jane Miller was delighted with the re-launch, saying: 'We find there are more local people at Wroxham Barns on a Thursday, whereas there are more visitors at the weekends, so it is better for local people who are shopping for vegetables and cakes.
'Local people are buying food for the weekends on the Thursday because Saturday can be a bit late to buy the food you need for the weekend.
'It was quite busy on Thursday and there were quite a lot people who were interested in what we were selling.'
Buns of Fun, from Sheringham, provided an Easter theme with chocolate products and Jim Marshall, of Norfolk Finest Food, had an English-grown coriander and gooseberry pickle on sale.
Other stall holders included Yare Valley Culinary Oils, based at Surlingham. Pies, Puds and Tarts, from Walsingham, spicy offerings from the Bhaji Man and hot sauces and nuts from Norfolk Heatwave.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 9 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
Ms Miller added: 'I think the public appreciated our stalls and there is a little bit more of an atmosphere at Wroxham Barns when we are there.
'Norfolk Finest Food is always very popular and they introduced some new recipes that had people not just trying one thing, but five or six. Some of their products are absolutely gorgeous and always go down very well.
'Honeysuckle Cakes were absolutely fabulous as well, I think I'm going to have to pre-order some of their chocolate brownies because they were really, really nice!'
In future the market will run every third Thursday of the month until the end of September.