Chance to view Cefas redevelopment proposals at public consultation events
- Credit: James Bass
People in Lowestoft can find out more about future redevelopment proposals at marine research organisation Cefas as two public consultation events are held.
The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) – a world leader in marine science and technology – is one of the town's biggest employers and its Pakefield base has been its home since 1955.
Now, members of the local community will have an opportunity to learn more about future redevelopment proposals at the Cefas site as two events are held at its Lowestoft laboratory in Pakefield Road on Monday, June 12 (between 2pm and 7.30pm) and on Friday, June 30 (2pm to 7.30pm).
A spokesman said: 'The purpose of these meetings is to share expected future redevelopment proposals for the Pakefield Road site and to provide an opportunity for members of the public and our stakeholders to contribute to these proposals, which will be on display throughout the day.
'There will also be an opportunity to learn about our existing facilities and work.'
You may also want to watch:
Presentations will take place at 2.30pm, 4.30pm and 6.30pm, with the chance to give feedback, and ask questions to the architects and members of the project team.
'All contributions will be considered within the next stage of the design process,' the spokesman said. 'No final decision on the redevelopment proposal will be made until Autumn 2017.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org