Chance to own Bodie’s Ford Capri from TV series The Professionals
- Credit: supplied
If you fancy owning a piece of TV nostalgia, or simply like Ford Capris, here is your chance to own a star car.
One of Bodie's Ford Capris from long-running series The Professionals is being sold by H&H Classics on Wednesday, April 20 at IWM Duxford.
In the Professionals, on ITV from 1977 to 1983 and now repeated on ITV4, Bodie – played by the late Lewis Collins with Martin Shaw as his partner Doyle – is an ex-paratrooper, mercenary and SAS sergeant, ruthless and willing to take on criminals on their own terms.
His Strato Silver Capri was as much a star as the human leads themselves and will be fondly remembered by millions who loved the series. In fact Ford permanently loaned several near-identical Capri 3.0S cars to the production company for filming and promotional purposes.
Estimated to sell for £35,000 to £45,000, the 1978 Ford Capri 3.0S on offer featured in seven episodes of the second series of The Professionals but carried the fake registration UOO 303T during filming. A early example taken from Ford's press fleet, its iconic Strato Silver livery was complemented by a tartan plaid Fishnet Recaro interior. Extensively restored two years ago, it is now in very good condition and was on the front cover of Classic Ford magazine last summer.
Damian Jones, sales manager at H&H Classics, said: 'This classic car is also a wonderful piece of entertainment memorabilia. Classic cars and film props are two of the fastest-growing areas in collecting where we have seen values soar.'
Do you own a car that has starred on TV or a film? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge