Chance to discover Filipino music, activities and delicacies at a cultural festival in East Tuddenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A festival which celebrates the Filipino culture is set to take place in East Tuddenham.
The Filipino Festival of Culture will feature activities from people in the community, including games for children and adults and the sale of Filipino delicacies.
Performers at the event will include a band made up of local Filipino nurses and carers, and singers who have travelled from places such as Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Organiser Tess Ward said she expects there to be up to 1,000 attendees throughout the day.
'We have been running this event since 2010 and it is not just for Filipinos. It is open to everybody and it only takes place once a year. It is the biggest event we organise for people to meet and mingle and listen to some entertainment,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
The festival takes place on the football field at the East Tuddenham Village Hall on Saturday, August 19. People can arrive from 8am and it ends at 5pm.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner