Every dog can have its day as canine hub Center Paws welcomes four-legged friends
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A new canine business hub is celebrating its launch with an Open Day featuring fun activities for dogs and their humans and some paw-some celebrity guests who are ready to 'save the day'.
The event on Saturday, June 23, at Centre Paws Norfolk, at Barnards Farm in Wymondham, will be raising funds for The Dogs Trust which has a rehoming and adoption centre at Snetterton.
From a group dog walk across the farm to working dog demonstrations and have-a-go sessions in different canine sports the event promises to celebrate the variety of opportunities available for our four-legged friends at the new centre.
There will be several stalls run by other local businesses from crafters to pet shops to veterinary practices, as well as charities and rehoming centres aiming to raise awareness and funds.
A photo studio will be set up for special portrait sessions with professional photographer Matthew Usher and if a dog needs a little pamper before their photocall they can even enjoy a mini spa treatment at the Scruffy 2 Fluffy grooming salon - they just have to choose which colour nail varnish they would like!
You may also want to watch:
The new Blackberry Tearoom will be serving food all day - there will even be special ice creams for dogs - as well as a barbecue and a licensed bar in the marquee.
The group walk is being led by Norwich Best For Pets. The community group, launched in October 2015 as part of Norwich City Council's Get Involved Week, aims to engage, inform and support the pet community inspiring best practice and making Norwich and Norfolk towns Best for Pets.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Sarah and Caitlin Jenkins from Mayfields Farm at Themelthorpe, near Reepham, will be putting on a special display showing how they train their dogs to work sheep. They will have several dogs at different stages of training to show how they progress.
DB Dog Training will then treat the crowd to an agility display with some of their top competition dogs.
Then it is the turn of visiting dogs and owners to take to the ring for a Grand Parade where special guests Thor and Loki from dog newspaper The Barking Bugle will help judge the best turned out dog and owner.
Coming all the way from Adventure Bay will be Chase and Marshall from the hit Cbeebies show Paw Patrol.
Organiser Kathryn Cross said: 'We are keen to show the dog-loving community what we are about. The weather forecast is looking fine and dry so we hope we have managed to put together a really fun day out for all the family and raise valuable funds for dog charities.'
For more information visit the website www.centrepawsnorfolk.co.uk or follow us on Facebook.