Man injures back after fall which shut £4million Center Parcs ride
- Credit: Supplied
A man injured his back in a fall which led to a Suffolk holiday park closing its £4million water ride for an afternoon.
Visitors to Center Parcs in Elveden Forest reported 'some kind of medical incident' on the Tropical Cyclone.
Witnesses said they saw a man being resuscitated at the bottom of the ride before it was closed.
A spokesman for Center Parcs confirmed an individual was taken to hospital following the incident and the ride was closed for around two hours.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust said it was called to the incident at 3.12pm on Sunday, October 29.
You may also want to watch:
'An ambulance attended and treated a man in his 30s who had reportedly fallen,' a spokesman added.
'He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a back injury.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
The Tropical Cyclone was billed as 'one of the most exciting water rides anywhere on the planet' when it was opened in 2012.
Four seater rafts take thrill-seekers on a series of twists and turns along a 200 metre watercourse, reaching speeds of up to 24 miles per hour.