Celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott visits Norwich Market
Shoppers in the historic Norwich Market today spotted a popular celebrity chef next to one of the markets more unique stalls.
Ready Steady Cook presenter Ainsley Harriott was in the city visiting the Mushy Pea Stall filming for the next series of the BBC's Great British Food Revival, which will be aired later this year.
Anita Adcock, from Hellesdon in Norwich, took over the stall from her father-in-law more than 20 years ago. It has been in the family for 62 years.
Mr Harriott was full of praise for the stall.
'It is fantastic here. We have been talking about the traditions of this market stall since 1949, and Anita is continuing it. People come from all over the country to the stall', he said.
Earlier in the day Mr Harriott visited the John Innes Centre to learn about the genetic properties of peas.
'I have been looking back to a pea that was around as long ago as Elizabethan times', he said.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment