Celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott visits Norwich Market
Shoppers in the historic Norwich Market today spotted a popular celebrity chef next to one of the markets more unique stalls.
Ready Steady Cook presenter Ainsley Harriott was in the city visiting the Mushy Pea Stall filming for the next series of the BBC's Great British Food Revival, which will be aired later this year.
Anita Adcock, from Hellesdon in Norwich, took over the stall from her father-in-law more than 20 years ago. It has been in the family for 62 years.
Mr Harriott was full of praise for the stall.
'It is fantastic here. We have been talking about the traditions of this market stall since 1949, and Anita is continuing it. People come from all over the country to the stall', he said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day Mr Harriott visited the John Innes Centre to learn about the genetic properties of peas.
'I have been looking back to a pea that was around as long ago as Elizabethan times', he said.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures