Celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott visits Norwich Market
Shoppers in the historic Norwich Market today spotted a popular celebrity chef next to one of the markets more unique stalls.
Ready Steady Cook presenter Ainsley Harriott was in the city visiting the Mushy Pea Stall filming for the next series of the BBC's Great British Food Revival, which will be aired later this year.
Anita Adcock, from Hellesdon in Norwich, took over the stall from her father-in-law more than 20 years ago. It has been in the family for 62 years.
Mr Harriott was full of praise for the stall.
'It is fantastic here. We have been talking about the traditions of this market stall since 1949, and Anita is continuing it. People come from all over the country to the stall', he said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day Mr Harriott visited the John Innes Centre to learn about the genetic properties of peas.
'I have been looking back to a pea that was around as long ago as Elizabethan times', he said.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk